Saturday, July 23, 2011

What's been goin' on

It's time to purge my camera of the various events I've remembered to document this summer.


Starting with, car-cleaning date with Carol! Brendan and Paula sure were grateful.



The best finds from our newly cleaned out cars: a card Carol gave me once that says something like, "Hey there, expectant mother", a super emo poem Carol wrote when she like 10 that ends with "and now I go to my watery grave", and a picture of Carol's mom graduating from college.



Carol and I also recently participated in the Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days Pie-Eating Contest. On the margin there you can see that I threw down some trash talk, which I instantly felt guilty about and tried to cross out without anyone noticing. No dice. Turns out it was justified though, almost, cause Carol won!




She got a shirt that said "Stick it in your pie hole." I was so proud of her that day, and only a little resentful that it wasn't me who won.





Every year Salt Lake City has a huge Arts Festival with vendors from all around the country. We knew if we went that there was a pretty good chance we would see unwashed crazies in their natural habitat. We were not disappointed. There was some pretty cool art, too.

Some entity known as Blazing Needles covered this car completely in knitting!



How cool would it be to have all these stone faces in your yard?!






I don't know if you can tell, but they really did look like photographs in person. This exhibit won best-of-show.




Carol really enjoys the fat-people art, and I must say it does have a certain endearing quality.



This man's sock was not strictly part of the festival. Or was it?


The guy who did these grapes paints all his stuff using his own blood. Pretty trippy.



Ok, so then there was this exhibit with blank pieces of wood that everyone got to paint, to be hung up on a wall as a collective mural.



When we realized they were handing out little cards with specific patterns we were supposed to be painting, and not just willy-nilly whatever we felt like doing with our brushes, we got up quietly and left with haste.



Moving on, here's me and Jdub at the Ft. Rucker 4th of July Bash! We ate gator-on-a-stick, and while I'm not going to say it tasted like chicken, it frankly did. Only a little chewier.



No your eyes do not deceive you, that is Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band! They rocked! And of course Gary Sinise plays a mean bass, cause that guy is way rad.



So this is unfortunately the best picture I was able to take of Jdub sitting in a TH-67 helicopter, which they had out on display during the bash. But this is proof he flies them. Look how natural he looks sitting in that seat! You can see it better if you pivot your monitor screen back and forth.



Here's a picture of a guy climbing a tree to get a better view of The Decemberists at the twilight concert series in Salt Lake.


Can't really blame him, cause this is the best picture I was able to get of the indie-folk band myself. They were pretty cool though.



We kinda thought the dude on the far left of the picture with his hand in his mouth looked like Inigo Montoya.



Tried to watch the sunset from Capitol Hill, but unfortunately were a little too late so the pictures are less than impressive. But the building was impressive, I thought.



Finally, look what Bob found when he recently opened this can of "pineapple tidbits."



I think it looks like moldy brains, he thinks it looks like a baby alien stuffed into a can. Either way... not cool, Del Monte. Not cool.





No comments: